Apogee Executive Advisory Services is a new, high-capacity service offering that embeds seasoned operations and technology professionals within your university’s leadership team to help guide the transition of your IT department from where they are, to where they need to be.
That is possible because Apogee executive advisors are experienced higher education chief information offers (CIO), chief operations officers (COO), chief technology officers (CTO), and chief information security officers (CISO) who have years of cabinet-level leadership experience. I’m privileged to lead a team of executives who have worked in the trenches and wrestled with real-world budgets and governance challenges to lead transformative institutional change successfully and repeatedly at the schools they have served.
Whether you have vacant, nascent, or mature IT leadership, we can help you transform into visionary IT leadership by supplying timely and thoughtful insights into your technology strategy and planning. We bring insights through first-hand thoughtful and thorough assessments of campus networks, infrastructure, and organizational abilities over weeks of remote and on-premises observations. These insights are then codified into actionable strategic and tactical technology plans for institutional leadership. Check out our recent press release and this brochure for more details on how Executive Advisory Services work.
So, what are the 10 signs you need Apogee Executive Advisory Services?
10. Your technology leadership model is akin to a season of “Survivor”.
9. Your technology teams are underfunded, undertrained, and overworked.
8. When your sysadmin takes a vacation, no one can get a new user account.
7. “Deferred maintenance” has become post-hoc justification for “making do.”
6. You cannot get to any websites because of “March Madness.”
5. Recruiting and retaining top technology talent is only a fever dream.
4. Transformative technology change is always a future priority.
3. You are bound to an endless, daily struggle of “break-fixes.”
2. “Friends” was the top TV show when your domain password was last changed.
And the #1 sign you should reach out to me is:
- If someone else utters “do more with less” just one more time you cannot be held accountable for your actions.
Does any of this sound familiar? If you’re chuckling but also laughing nervously, you are not alone. Check out this case study to learn how we helped Missouri Western State University.
We welcome the chance to discuss how Apogee Executive Advisory Services can help your college or university “punch above its weight” and deliver technology strategy and plans, thought leadership, and user experiences that your students, faculty, staff, and leadership need and deserve. Simply put: We will wear your colors and become an extension of your leadership team. I’d love to talk to you about how we can help. Fill out this form and I’ll get back to you in 24 hours.