Last updated October 19, 2022
Scope of this policy
- Information we Collect and Why
- How We May Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- Use of “Cookies”
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data retention and account termination
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Third Party Websites
- Notification of Changes
- Data Controller and Processors
1. Information We Collect and Why
This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on an Apogee hosted website or portal.
Apogee will only use the information you provide for the following specific purposes: to effectuate a registration; to customize your experience; to fulfill your requests for products and services ; to improve the content and overall look and feel of our Website and services; and to contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, when necessary.
- Registration Information: A name, address, phone number and an email address so we can validate your status as a Campus end user. You are affirmatively consenting to this by providing this information upon enrollment to the service or, when your Campus provides the information to us. We will use this information to identify you as an end-user and may use this data to contact you for service-related issues.
- Transactions: Billing information is not collected or stored by Apogee. Apogee will never request through email alone that you send an electronic payment.
- Customer Service: A name, address, phone number and email address may be collected if you complete a service ticket. We will use this information to contact you to resolve the ticket.
- Content submissions: Anything that you submit to Campus Engagement is public content and will be stored and published for use on your Campus. We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and / or create look-alike advertisements to promote Apogee services.
- Website Traffic Data: Apogee may track and stores anonymous website usage data to analyze how people use our websites.
- Device Data: When utilizing an Apogee network, we may store information such as your browser type, MAC address, internet protocols, type of computer or mobile device used, IP address, WiFi information, and wireless access location. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the “Location Services” settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
Please note, that the information that Apogee obtains and stores in its regular course of business is provided to us by your voluntary participation in the services at your Campus. By you enrolling your device you are giving consent for Apogee to use, collect and process your data. Apogee will never request “Sensitive Data,” as defined by GDPR Article 9.
2. How We May Share Your Information
We agree that we will not share, sell, rent or otherwise distribute your Personally Identifiable Information with outside parties, except to provide products or services you’ve requested through us, or in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims made by you or on your behalf. Apogee may share data with third parties for purposes including:
- Help prevent fraud or imminent harm.
- Aggregate non-personal information for marketing purposes.
- Use non-personal information to conduct research and product development.
- Comply with legal process, including an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation or as otherwise required by law.
- Complete a corporate transaction.
3. How We Protect Your Personal Data
Apogee is committed to protecting the information we collect. Accordingly, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide to Apogee. We maintain industry-standard best practices in technical, procedural and physical controls to protect all personal data from unauthorized, unauthenticated access, disclosure, destruction, loss or alternation
4. Use of “Cookies”
No personally identifiable information is collected with the cookies that we set. Accepting cookies while on the Website will not put the user at risk for marketing to other site
To use certain features of the Website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. Apogee cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your personal data at your own risk.
6. Controlling Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Terminate your account through the portal.
- Request what type of information Apogee collects on you by emailing email@example.com.
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your personal data. Withdrawing consent will result in loss of services.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your personal data unlawfully.
- Object to our use of your data. Objection will result in denial of services.
7. Account Termination and Data Retention
You may terminate your account on the Apogee portal related to your Campus’s service. Your account information is deleted in our regular course of business. Your access to Apogee services may be terminated upon the request of the Campus. If you believe that your account has been inappropriately terminated, please contact your Campus’s technology department. Common reasons for termination include: End of semester, change in student status, number of devices exceeded allowance, overuse, DMCA violation, unapproved use or inappropriate use of the Campus services as determined by your Campus and/or Apogee’s End User Agreement.
8. Anti-Spam Policy
Apogee does not market services to end users. Emails sent to end users will be related to the services provided by Apogee to the Campus. Apogee does not sell or rent end user information to third parties.
9. Third Party Websites
Apogee websites and services may include links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites and features operate independently from Apogee. They will have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or features you visit or use are not owned or controlled by Apogee, we are not responsible for their content or their use of the data you provide to them.
10. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Apogee does not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 17 years old or older.
11. Notification of Changes
12. Data Controller and Processors