New Portal Built on Custom Analytics Engine and ServiceNow® Provides IT Leaders and Teams with Line of Sight and Oversight of their Managed Network
News Release Highlights
- The Apogee Managed Campus Portal for Apogee Managed Network Services delivers network insights and visibility alongside a modern and agile self-service support experience.
- Real-time network insights enable campuses to offload network operations without sacrificing control.
- Self-service support ticketing and management leverages Apogee investments and expertise in ServiceNow® to improve client agility and efficiency.
AUSTIN, Texas (March 28, 2023) – Apogee, the trusted strategic managed technology services partner to higher education, has launched the Apogee Managed Campus Portal for Apogee Managed Network Services. Built on a custom proprietary data analytics engine and on ServiceNow®, the industry’s leading IT services management (ITSM) platform, the Apogee Managed Campus Portal delivers Apogee-managed network insights and visibility alongside a modern and agile self-service support experience.
With nearly a quarter century of experience exclusively in managed technology services to higher education, Apogee believes network visibility should never be sacrificed. Included with every Managed Network Services engagement, the Apogee Managed Campus Portal allows campuses to confidently offload network operations without losing control. With budget pressures and IT talent gaps making it difficult to deliver on strategic priorities, moving to a managed services model that aligns to campus needs is essential.
“Precious time is lost to network operational tasks, so partnering with Apogee is an obvious choice for campus leaders seeking to offload network operations. But worries over real-time visibility into what’s happening on their network can keep some campus IT leaders from making the leap to a managed services model,” said Peter Casanave, Apogee vice president of product. “Campus IT leaders can count on leading-edge analytics and services management capabilities from Apogee for unmatched network visibility and support ticket management agility and efficiency. Clear line of sight with oversight enables data-driven IT decisions, more time to focus on strategic initiatives, and peace of mind that Apogee-managed infrastructure is performing as intended.”
Located in Latrobe, Penn., Saint Vincent College is a private Benedictine college with a student enrollment of 1,400+ and has been an Apogee customer since 2011. So, it’s no wonder that Apogee tapped the IT team, led by Justin Fabin, chief information officer, to beta test the Apogee Managed Campus Portal.
“To address IT talent shortages and focus on strategic initiatives that elevate student, faculty, and staff experiences, Saint Vincent College has embraced managed services for network operations,” said Fabin. “Our partnership with Apogee has played a pivotal role in our digital transformation journey, so we were thrilled to beta test the new portal in our real-world environment. We’re inspired by the portal’s integration of the Apogee analytics engine and ServiceNow, which gives us visibility and insights into the network and service from Apogee, enabling us to offload time-consuming operations yet retain control.”
The Apogee Managed Campus Portal leverages several leading-edge technologies and integrations to provide clients with unprecedented insights and personal flexibility. Trusting Apogee’s decades of higher education technical support experience allows clients to access best in class support while offloading a weighty investment. Features include:
- Real-time network insights via the Insights Dashboard
- Visibility into Apogee-managed internet circuits and wired and wireless network capacity and utilization ensure the network is performing as intended.
- Capacity analysis and heatmaps by building and/or zones, density visualizations of devices by location, and occupancy metrics aid in understanding how to keep the network future proofed.
- Status of Apogee-managed equipment like network switches, wireless access points, and internet circuits help customers understand the performance and reliability of Apogee-managed network services.
- Self-service support ticketing and management
- Ability to easily open a support request and track and update existing cases from any device without contacting Apogee.
- Ability to see currently open support cases by IT users and by the organization to stay up to date easily and quickly on progress and resolution.
- Integration with ServiceNow, the industry’s leading IT services management platform, enables customers to leverage the investments and advanced experience Apogee has in higher education client support integrations and enhancements.
A video demonstration of the portal is available here.
Established in Austin in 1999, Apogee is a leading provider of managed technology services that enable colleges and universities to innovate to enrich the campus experience and foster student vitality. Uniquely positioned to serve higher education, Apogee supports a community of more than 1 million students and administrators at nearly 400 colleges and universities nationwide. The company’s comprehensive portfolio includes Managed Campus (networks and managed IT and cloud services), ResNet (residential networks), campus engagement and digital signage, and video services. Visit Apogee at apogee.us.
Pennino and Partners
Office: (281) 286-9398
Mobile: (713) 419-1776