Company to participate in two in-person panel sessions, showcase live demos and host mini-theater presentations in booth #239
Austin, TX – October 21, 2021 – EDUCAUSE Annual Conference 2021 – For the much anticipated in-person EDUCAUSE 2021 annual conference on October 26-29 in Philadelphia, Apogee, the only managed technology services provider focused on higher education, will demonstrate how it is helping higher ed institutions deliver a modern connectivity experience to their campuses while helping IT unlock time to innovate with its managed technology services. At the event, Apogee will lead a panel session on innovation, participate in a panel session on the role of the CIO, and host a range of live demonstrations and “mini-theater” presentations in Booth #239.
“At Apogee, our goal is to help higher education transform and succeed during this time of unprecedented change and challenges,” said Scott Drossos, CEO of Apogee. “We’ve invested heavily to become the leader in managed technology services in higher education to help our college and university customers deliver the modern connected campus, become more agile, and ultimately drive institutional and student success through innovation. We very much look forward to meeting with the IT community in-person at the EDUCAUSE Annual Conference.”
Live Panel Sessions
At the conference, Apogee will participate in the panel session “IT Leadership and Beyond the CIO Role” on Wednesday, October 27, at 9:15 a.m. ET, and will moderate the panel session “Unlock Time to Drive IT Innovation” on Thursday, October 28, at 8:00 a.m. ET.
“IT Leadership and Beyond the CIO Role” Panel
Apogee Campus CIO David Hinson will participate in the “IT Leadership and Beyond the CIO Role” panel. This session will discuss how a leadership role in IT can lead to other leadership opportunities on campus. Panelists include:
- David Hinson: Campus CIO, Apogee
- Sharon Blanton: Vice President of Operations, The College of New Jersey
- Jackie Malcolm: Vice Chancellor of Information Technology, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Melissa Woo: Executive Vice President for Administration & CIO, Michigan State University
“Unlock Time to Drive IT Innovation” Panel
Apogee Executive Vice President Matt Loecke will moderate the panel: “Unlock Time to Drive IT Innovation.” This session will discuss how, in an age when IT burnout is real, higher education leaders can unlock time to focus less on operations and more on driving digital transformation and sustainable change. Two panelists will share their insights and experiences on how they traded common operational tasks for a deep bench of support by partnering with Apogee.
- Matt Loecke: Executive Vice President, Apogee
- Rob Dunkleberger: CIO, Lycoming College
- Kimberley Marshall: Vice President of IT and CIO, Morehouse College
The Apogee Booth Experience – Booth #239
Apogee will be exhibiting at booth #239 on October 27 from 8:45 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. and on October 28 from 8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Apogee higher education specialists and technology gurus are available for live demos and presentations of the company’s world-class managed technology services offerings.
Apogee will host a series of short 10-15-minute “mini theater” presentations throughout the exhibit.
Wednesday, October 27
- 10:10 a.m.: How Do You Create the Modern Connected Campus?
- 10:40 a.m.: Prioritizing Innovation with Maslow’s Hierarchy for IT
- 12:45 p.m.: Learn about the Apogee Four Fits
- 4:30 p.m.: The Great Resignation: Overcoming IT Staffing Challenges
- 5:00 p.m.: 3 Things to Know when Partnering with an MSP
Thursday, October 28
- 10:15 a.m.: Case Study: Meeting COVID and Innovation Head-on at Centenary College
- 12:45 p.m.: Case Study: How Apogee and Pace University Created #OurSafeSpace
- 1:15 p.m.: Case Study: How Texas A&M Commerce Supports Student Success with ResNet
- 1:45 p.m.: Case Study: How HBCUs Focus on their Mission by Leaving Network Operations to Apogee
- 3:15 p.m.: Strategic Planning: Align Pedagogy and Technology to Win
Live demonstrations of products, services, and insights will include:
- Managed Campus: Modernizes and manages a campus network through a core set of services and add-ons.
- ResNet: Enables blazing fast, reliable Wi-Fi in campus residential halls and delivers a student app ready for Gen Z
- Campus Engagement Services: Provides powerful, turnkey campaign curation and execution managed services complemented by experienced Apogee higher education marketing professionals.
- Interactive Report: Technology Strategic Planning Insights: Helps higher ed leaders uncover gaps and opportunities in their strategic plans as they look to build agile strategies for 2021 and beyond.
Apogee is the only managed technology services provider with a sole focus on higher education. Fueled by a community of more than 1,000,000 students and administrators nationwide and 20 years of experience living and breathing higher education, Apogee has a unique understanding of the connection between technology and student vitality. The company is committed to redefining the student campus life experience. Visit Apogee at apogee.us.