Student academic, financial, and health data, complex regulatory and policy compliance, and the rising cost and exacting requirements that must be met to obtain cyber insurance challenge the experience and expertise of campus IT teams. Uncertain revenue sources and decreasing budgets intensify the difficulty.
Close gaps in security expertise
Apogee Security Professional Services address the complexities of campus IT infrastructure and information security. In close collaboration with your IT team, our security experts help you protect critical student and research data while minimizing the impact of cyberattack.
Backed by Apogee real-world security experience and expertise, our Risk-based Security Assessments, Virtual CISO services, and Cybersecurity Incident Response Plans help your team thwart bad actors, stay ahead of an evolving threat landscape, and proactively manage through nearly any security incident.
For campus IT teams with little in-house security experience and expertise, limited budgets, and too many competing priorities or tasks, Apogee can help you immediately enhance your security posture, maximize infrastructure resilience, and preserve your campus reputation.
Stay Ahead of Threat Actors
Assess and Address Your Security Risk
Apogee higher education security experts assess your institution’s security risk and develop a written plan to conform to the FTC Safeguards Rule and ensure you remain in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Identification of higher education threat actors, including tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- TTPs risk-ranked and mapped to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) SP800-53 controls
- Documented risk register with NIST SP800-53 controls focused on residual risk
Access Immediate Security Expertise
Apogee higher education information security experts provide leadership for campus IT teams to achieve security-based goals and objectives, then help your team build programs for addressing security risk, threats, vulnerabilities, technologies, and architecture.
- Easily accessible higher education security expertise
- Strategic planning guidance and advice
- Budget and project management guidance and advice
- Needs and resource-based security program development
Easily Prepare Security Incident Response
Apogee experts develop an incident response program targeted to specific information security incidents like ransomware or email security breach. Components of the plan include:
- Response policies, plans, and procedures to remove guesswork and ensure appropriate and timely action
- Programs by incident type including ransomware, email security breach, malware, denial of service, and more
- IT Staff training and response plan testing
- Schedules for review
Explore Apogee Managed Campus
Cloud Professional Services
Cloud readiness and migration, application modernization, backup, recovery, and storage assessments, and end-user computing virtualization
Executive Advisory Services
Cabinet-level CIOs, CTOs, and CISOs ready to serve as full-time or fractional leaders, with rapid deployment options available
Managed IT Services
A comprehensive suite of managed infrastructure, endpoint, active directory, Office 365 & Google Workspace, and IT service desk
Managed Network Services
Core, wired, and wireless infrastructure, network access control (NAC), next-gen firewall with VPN, and existing network support and monitoring
Overcome Campus IT Staffing and Expertise Shortages
Get a roadmap for how to end the struggle of recruiting, hiring, and retaining IT talent to get on a path to innovation and smarter IT strategies and decisions.Get e-Book