AUSTIN, TX – Apogee, higher education’s largest residential network (ResNet) & video provider, today announced CTV Stream2, a groundbreaking, customizable IP video solution. Apogee expects to deliver this revolutionary product to hundreds of its university partners and the higher education community in the coming year.
Stream2 is designed for the devices that students use every day, and is priced with the higher education budget in mind. With Stream2, schools can provide students with popular entertainment and university content in a convenient format that builds community and vastly enhances the staff/faculty/student experience.
“Apogee’s game-changing Stream2 offering claims many firsts, including custom branding for universities, integration of streaming and on-campus content, 24/7 support and the ability to leverage the latest video technologies to enhance campus life,” said Chuck Brady, chief executive officer, Apogee. “Most of all, we are proud to build upon our 20+ years of higher education experience to help schools encourage student engagement and retention, improve the student experience and roll out an IPTV service that will truly make a positive impact on campus.”
Stream2 provides an unprecedented approach to not only integrate faculty and student content, but seamlessly incorporates social media channels like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter into one customizable platform that are easily streamed and shared campus-wide. Stream2 gives university administrators the essential tool they need to engage students successfully, in turn driving student retention.
Apogee’s Stream2 solution stands in strong contrast to “Version 1.0” solutions being introduced by big cable companies. Differentiators include:
Higher Education Focus, Custom Branding and Content Curation
– While large cable companies offer a generic ‘one size fits all’ solution, Apogee prides itself on deploying solutions tailored to each campus. Stream2 provides many ways to customize local campus content to meet each university’s specifications.
– Apogee’s white label policy allows schools’ to customize the brand of its IPTV service, allowing students and faculty a truly customized and personalized experience.
– Apogee carefully reviews all student and faculty submitted content, assuring that only relevant and appropriate content gets distributed.
Comprehensive Solutions – Full Social Media Integration
– The service provides full integration on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and many other social media channels to ensure meaningful student experience and engagement.
More Efficient and Simpler Approach
– New technology no longer requires set-top boxes to maintain or in-room equipment.
– Unlike solutions that require multiple vendors, Stream2 provides an integrated service to provide everything you need for both legacy and IP video in the campus environment.
World-Class Service and Support
– Stream2 comes with Apogee’s proven and specialized 24/7 support for students, faculty and staff, ensuring student satisfaction and allowing administrators to focus on mission-critical goals.
– While large cable companies try to apply their mass-market service and generic support to campus, Apogee’s end user support model was designed from the ground up for higher education with a sole focus on the student experience.
With more than 50 schools already in the initial phases, Apogee is currently scheduling consultations now for spring and summer 2016 installations. Please visit apogee.us/iptv to learn more.
Apogee is the largest, most innovative provider of on-campus residential networks (ResNet) & video solutions in higher education. Partnering with Apogee for ResNet services allows colleges and universities to enhance their network infrastructure while offloading the growing volume of administrative responsibilities associated with managing a student network. This partnership allows IT, Business and Housing Officers to focus on the mission-critical tasks of the university. Find out why nine out of 10 schools that outsource their ResNet choose Apogee at apogee.us.